NCDA Career Practitioner Institute
"Practical Techniques and Strategies for
Career Development Practitioners"
October 25, 2019 (PDIs on Oct 24)
Doubletree Hotel Cleveland East, OH
watch for details to be posted soon!
Online Registration will be coming soon!
NCDA Member Registration Fee (5 CE hours): $120.00
Non-Member Registration Fee (5 CE hours): $170.00
Professional Development Institutes (4 CE hours each PDI) Member and Non-Member Fee: $75 per PDI
Cancellations received in writing prior to ____ will be subject to a $50 (US funds) processing fee. Due to costs NCDA incurs, NO refunds will be given after this date. If paying via purchase order, your organization will be required to fulfill the purchase order. Refunds will not be given for no-shows after the Institute.
Doubletree Hotel Cleveland East, OH
Group Name: NCDA.
Room block cut-off date will be ___. Check in time 4 pm. Check out time is 11 am
$__ single rate, taxes do apply.
Thursday, October 24, 2019
7:30 am - 5:00 pm Registration Open
Professional Development Institutes (PDIs) - optional (for an additional fee)
4 Continuing Education Contact Hours (CE)
8:00 am - 12:15 pm PDI #1
12:15 - 1:15 pm Lunch On Your Own
1:15 pm - 5:30 pm PDI #2:
Friday, October 25, 2019
7:30 am - 3:30 pm Registration Open
8:30 - 9:45 am Opening Keynote
9:45 am - 10:00 am Refreshment Break
10:00 - 11:00 am Presentation Series I (three presentations per series)
11:15 am - 12:15 pm Presentation Series II (three presentations per series)
12:15 - 1:30 pm Welcome Lunch (included)
1:45 - 2:45 pm Presentation III (three presentations per series)
2:45 - 3:00 pm Refreshment Break
3:00 - 4:00 pm Closing Keynote
NCDA's Credentialing Commission has approved the CPI according to the 2018 Continuing Education Manual
NCDA has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP #1003. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. NCDA is solely responsible for all aspects of this program.
After the event, NCDA will send an electronic link to the evaluation. After completion of the evaluation, the system will direct you to your online membership record where continuing education transcript can be printed.
Optional Pre-Conference Professional Development Institutes (additional fee required to participate); 4 Continuing Education Hours
Thursday, October 24, 2019; 8:00 am - 12:15pm
PDI #1: tba
Thursday, October 24, 2019; 1:15 - 5:30 pm
PDI #2: tba
Opening General Session - 8:30 - 9:45 am
Closing General Session - 3:00 - 4:00 pm
Presentation Series I, 10:00 - 11:00 am
Presentation Series II, 11:15 am - 12:15 pm
Presentation Series III, 1:45 - 2:45 pm
For an example of a previous CPI, please view the CPI Portland Program Book
What Is a Career Practitioner Institute?
NCDA offers these smaller, regional conferences for the purpose of
- gathering practitioners together for a day-long event at a low cost
- allowing state CDA leaders, NCDA Board members and representatives opportunities to present to and interact with smaller groups of practitioners
- showcasing NCDA products and benefits to both members and non-members
- offering CEUs (continuing education units) to practitioners who seek these
- convening Board meetings and state CDAs
What Are Participants Saying about NCDA Career Practitioner Institutes?
- "I enjoyed everything! Networking was terrific! Speakers were excellent! Location was wonderful. Being able to obtain 13 CEU's in 2 days while having fun, too!"
- "Two of the best things about the presentations were the thought provoking ideas and concepts and the competencies of the facilitators."
- "I enjoyed gaining new information and practices to re-energize my work."
- "As a new member, this was very beneficial... I learned about the many resources and training opportunities available to me personally, but also those that will be helpful in my work with my students."
National Career Development Association (NCDA) has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 2015.
Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified.
NCDA is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
Mark Your Calendars for upcoming Career Practitioner Institutes:
October 25, 2019 – Doubletree Hotel Cleveland East, OH
February 7, 2020 – Renaissance Charlotte, NC